Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Durian the King of Fruits




If you has been living long enough in Malaysia, you will definitely come to terms with this King of Fruits - either you love it or you hate it. There are many ways you may like the Durians. Some just want to eat it, some just want to buy them, some really like to smell them, some just can't resist when they see a durian. As for me I love to play with them!. Can't figure out right!!! How can or crazy meh to play with Durians?

Now I will tell how I play with the Durians. Firstly I have 5 arces of good Durian Trees. Heard of D2, D10, D24, D99 or Raja Kunit!!!. Well if you are a young flier you will not know anything about what I have just mentioned except you wll remember you have eaten good tasty Durians the last time. Now for the Uncles, unties, or I would like to address them as the "Hard Core" in Durian eating, they will tell you everything they know about Durians more that the Farmer and the Sellers... them self!!!

Coming back again how I play with the Durians. My Durian Trees is 14 years old. Every harvest the Durians looks slightly different, taste different and the quality is always changing. I don't like to eat Durians as other people does in the mouth full with the fingers digging into the Durians with the hand full. Every time when there is a harvest, I will try to be in my orchard during the week ends, putting a night at my wife's sister place. Getting up early in the morning, drove my truck into the orchard and picking up the Durians that have fallen over the night. I always has an orangasli to watch over the orchard, to collect the Durians, ward off the wild pigs and sometime humans. To share with you what I have learn over the years, the Durians usually drop the most between 2 to 5 am and also around 12 to 3 pm, strange! but is true.

During the harvest I always have a lots of friends and relatives that suddenly will call me to say hallo and subsequently the subject of Durians... ha ha ha... doesn't matter lah as I have said that like to play with Durians. So I invite them to my orchard over the week ends, how much can you eat!!!. every time when I lift up a Durian, I would make a guess on the Durian pulp's colour and predict the taste. I always have satisfied customers.

I have some guests from Australia who have never see a Durian hanging on a tree, plucking rambutans from the trees and telling me Mangosteen is for table garnishing only. OMG!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment